Noted with Interest, August 2011
Aug 30, 2011
- Letter from Prison: Tim DeChristopher Speaks
- DeChristopher is in prison for two years for disrupting a government oil lease giveaway, excuse me, auction, which was later declared incorrectly administered. From Grist.org, August 29, 2011. Accessed August 30, 2011.
- The Election March of the Trolls
- By Chris Hedges. From Truthdig.com, August 29, 2011. Accessed August 29 , 2011.
- Lost in the Debt Ceiling Debate: The Legal Duty to Create Jobs
- By Jeanne Mirer and Marjorie Cohn. Your right to work--it’s the law! From War Is A Crime.org, August 11, 2011. Accessed August 27, 2011.
- Our Politics Are Sick
- By Kurt Andersen. Cogently presented, but without reference to the three great crosses we bear: racism, homophobia, and misogyny. From the New York Times, August 19, 2011. Accessed August 20, 2011.
- The best way to fight the two-party monopoly
- By Michael Lind. I’m not sure the author provides the answer promised in the title, but it is worth the read anyway. From Salon.com, August 9, 2011. Accessed August 9, 2011.
- What Happened to Obama?
- by Drew Westen. From the New York Times, August 6, 2011. Accessed August 7, 2011.